- Well educated workforce
- Lower labour costs
- Signficantly lower operational costs
- People speak several languages
- Reliable partners, eager to do business with foreign companies
- Good knowledge of international business practices
- GDP growth 2 to 3 times the EU average, close to that of BRIC countries
- Romania offers significant opportunities to UK businesses with products, services or technologies that either meet growing private demand or contribute to the country's development priorities
- The main objective of the British-Romanian Chamber of Commerce (BRCC) is to provide UK companies with a wider range of practical, end-to-end business support which leverages private sector experience.
- BRCC offers you support through an integrated network of 6 business centres in the region, trade advisory, country analysis and market research, hot desking and many more services.
Main economic sectors
- Agriculture - large arable land available for cultivation and needed supplies of raw materials and equipment
- IT - fastest internet in Europe, highly skilled specialists, cheap labour force, not enough R&D resources
- Infrastructure - large scale developments, EU funding, business partnerships
- Real Estate - long term investment opportunities in retail development, hotels and (social) housing
- Tourism - UNESCO heritage sites, huge potential though under-promoted, under-developed
- Automotive - 50 years of experience, profitable involvement possible at different levels, 2 leading car manufacturers (Dacia-Renault and Ford) produce in Romania
- Manufacturing - layered system with supply chain opportunities for SMEs
- Food processing - vast supply chain opportunities in all sub-sectors of the Food & Drinks sector.